ARTICLE / 89.3 KPCCAs of 2022, PVNavigator, LLC’s accomplishment of originating, financing, developing and bringing the 3.1 MW Milliken Landfill PV solar installation online is still the only utility scale PV solar-on-landfill installation in operation in the Los Angeles basin. A new approach to energy: Using old landfill sites to generate solar power
PV Modules to Malawi, AfricaAugust 23, 2021
Project Navigator, Ltd. (PNL) was approached by a client who had 15,000 photovoltaic (PV) solar modules in storage in California and was seeking a plan to donate the functionable, but dated, modules.
Planning Landfill Solar ProjectsNovember 12, 2019
Planning for landfill design and operations to accommodate every stage of a facility’s life and beyond takes foresight.
Put That Brownfield to WorkSeptember 2014
Based on a partnership with Chevron, a California-based firm helps companies and communities turn mountains of garbage into fields of wattage.
Origination & Transfer
PVNavigator, LLC entered into an agreement with ExxonMobil in 2017 to evaluate, from combined environmental, geotechnical, interconnect and power-sales perspectives, the feasibility of developing a PV solar power project on the landfill, after remediation had been completed. The project was initially sized in the 12MW range. In its latter stages, the project is being developed by Amereso, Inc. where it is scaled at 27MW.
- PVNavigator leverages the landfill expertise of sister company, Project Navigator, Ltd.
- PVNavigator, LLC consults on the development of rack-mounted, photovoltaic solar power installations on closed landfills.
- Expertise and design on the racking of PV projects on engineered landfill caps.
We screen the feasibility of potential PV projects via a combination of technical and economic criteria.
We involve the landfill site owner in the development process.
The solar development pathway, viewed from an industrial landowner’s perspective, for the installation of a solar power development. See text boxes 1 to 4 for commentary on the development pathway.
Two experienced sister organizations.
PVNavigator, LLC also draws upon the technical and financial resources of European partner BREG Resources. PVN and BREG’s complementary skills and capabilities are developing utility scale PV solar projects, nationwide.
14891 Yorba Street
Tustin, CA 92780
15990 N. Barkers Landing Rd., Suite 325
Houston, TX 77079
Downloads & Project Content
- Renewable Energy Development on Landfills and Brownfields: New Opportunities and Issues, CCLR Meeting, Vista, CA, May 2017
- Brightfields Panel, CCLR Meeting, Carson, CA – Oct 2018
- Milliken Landfill PV Solar Project Summary
- Video: Milliken Landfill PV Solar Construction
- Meeting Renewable Energy Needs: Converting Worthless Property to Worthwhile, University of Houston, Technology Leadership & Innovation Management Program – Nov 2022